View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #65
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
Incline is measured in percentage points, usually, and the grapevine is nowhere near a 25% incline, which is what that would be.

That being said, yes, it is bumpy enough that stuff sometimes slides. I wouldn't worry about it, what I would worry about is if he had anything stacked near the bike, the top could slide off the bottom onto the bike.

But hey, I didn't realize he was making 4 grand out of this, if he is worried about it, then he could use some 2x4s to extend the frame to the walls of the truck, which would guarantee it could not flip or slide, and he could pack on top of and around that frame.

Maybe he should buy me lunch and a bus ticket to his house and back home from LA, I'd ride it down for him. I've always wanted to take a bike up over the grapevine.
I should have enough room in the truck that nothing should be stacked on top of anything else and the entire floor of the truck can be filled from the front to the back. If anything does slide it shouldn't have much room to go back. I will stop just below the grapevine and give everything a good check to make sure it's still okay and then I'll stop again at the top to double check and fix anything that might of moved. After that I should be home free minus the stop and go traffic I'm sure I'll run into.

Most of all this is speculation until I actually get the truck and see if it's going to work or not. If I have to go buy some pieces of 2x4 to make a better anchor for the pallet then I will. If I have to buy some sheets of plywood to make walls and a roof for the pallet then I will. But just judging from the picture I posted at the very start of this I should be okay with just strapping everything down to the sides as much as I can. It's going to look like a spiderweb once it's all done lol

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote