View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:38 AM   #20
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdexter View Post
I'm looking at buying a 2013 kawasaki zx-6r ABS... New would be $11,999.. I've found a dealer with a kawasaki demo days unit with 1,932km for $8,799 ... Is $3200 off worth it for a demo days bike? (also comes with frame sliders which don't look like they've ever been taken advantage of ie: doesn't look dropped)

I've never been on a demo days ride, but I know they're group rides so I doubt the people would be abusing the bike...I could be wrong though? And I assume kawasaki would do the proper maintenance in those 2k kilometers.

What do you think?
It sounds like a decent deal. Not great, but not bad either.

I know when I took a bike out on a demo ride, I definitely tried to put it through it's paces. I would test the brakes hard, I would accelerate hard and cycle through the gears to make sure the transmission wasn't clunky. Also I wasn't shy about potholes since I wanted to see how the suspension reacted to everyday riding on our ****** roads.

Just remember ~2,000kms is a hell of a lot of demos. Considering someone would probably not put more than 15-30kms per demo (at most).

When I bought my zx-6r I found a 2011 leftover with 0km out the door I paid just under $10k.
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote