View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM   #54
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor gascan View Post
Strictly motorcycle forum related that crosses my mind every time is the "wished they made X sub 400cc bike a 4 cylinder".

Every time they release a new small displacement bike, the threads about them fill with pointless posts about it. I don't think people realize that a i4 400cc cost just as much to make as a i4 600, and 600 sportbikes aren't exactly flying off the showroom floor. The only reason it happened in the first place is a unique period and circumstances in Japan. To price them even close to what a consumer might pay when it's sitting next to a 600 they'd have to sell them at a loss.

As much as I'd torture myself over buying one if they'd make them again, I just don't see it happening. Besides, what does it do on the street (where I ride 100% of the time), that a new N400 won't.

Now that Kawi seems to have a solid platform to build off of. What I'd really like is for them to offer special editions that aren't a few $100's worth of stickers, and charge $1500 more for better brakes and suspension for the people who might keep they're "beginner" bike, Oh, I don't know, forever. And even that seems a bit of a pipe dream. I'd be at the nearest Kawi dealer for a $6500-ish n400 with ss levels of brakes and suspenders. But even that sounds unlikely.

Honestly, if I'm gonna wish for something that's not gonna happen. It's a new 911 filled with $100 bills with just enough room left over for Scarlet Johanssen.
Great post! I'll take an Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce, keep the $100.00 bills and give me Scrarlet's sister - or mom.

Bill