Thread: 250
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2019, 06:58 AM   #22
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

I own a 2006 Ninja and a 2009 Harley Fatboy. The Fatboy has had engine work. Dyno says 91hp and 101 ft pounds of torque.
I love the little ninja for around town and short trips. OK I am 72. The ninja does great at Interstste speeds. I ride in Florida in the winter. So I ride just about every day. There are no twisty roads in Florida, but it still makes a great touring bike.

The Fatboy is very comfortable for longer rides. I believe the 250 ninja is one of the best all around bikes out there. You can easily do 75 all day long, drag a knee, or go to the grocery store. The only draw back with the ninja is I am not riding down Main Street in Daytona during Bike Week!

While the 250 is out of production remember they made about a billion of them. eBay engines are still cheaper then doing a rebuild. Part are everywhere for cheap. While I love my fuel injected Harley the carbs do a great job. Plus easy to work on with little to go wrong. Cold weather starting is the only downside. I mean anything less then 60F is cold weather for the 250. Mine takes a few minutes of fiddling to get it running without choke.

I am looking for another cheap low mileage 250 for a new project. I am not interested in the 300. It had a very short production run. Ok if you want a bike for a couple of years. I am sure the 400 is a great bike, but I am looking for cheap.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote