View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2021, 12:20 PM   #8
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
I like more concrete technique than abstract articles.

Topics I wish I had seen in articles in addition to discussions at the school:
1) Speed scrub awareness and avoiding the often unnoticed crutch of starting the throttle roll on too early and too slow to make up for a slow corner entry.
2) Timing and transitioning from a normal grip "on the brakes" to screwdriver hand to start the roll on mid-corner back to normal grip on the drive out of the corner.
3) Upper body positioning comparisons and use of reference points on the bike.
4) Vision tricks and tips.

Other topics:
5) Where to focus first to lower lap times at various levels of riding ability--e.g. getting to full throttle between corners, driving out of corners, corner speed, corner entry.
Ohhhhhh, these are amazing!! The reason I ask is that I've been writing my own column in a magazine for the past 14 years and it's getting hard to come up with new article ideas and I'm curious to hear from others what they would like to read about. Even though I write for a few magazines, I rarely read them so it's nice to hear from enthusiasts what kind of articles they hope to see. I've done a lot on visuals but the other ones you suggested are great

I've just started writing a masterclass column for another motorcycle magazine as well so the more ideas I can get, the better! Thanks!

I love the last one, what would you think is a good starting point for lowering lap times?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote