View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #15
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Last call for help!!!

Posting one last plea for help. I disassembled the entire carb last night for the 4th time. I cleaned out every passage with soft copper wire making sure I could visually see the wire go through/come out. I cleaned every passage with starter fluid and then with carb cleaner as per the wiki instructions.

I set the mixture screws, verified the float height and bench synced it as well.

The bike is doing the exact same thing, it will idle at 1900 or 1100. It doesn't fluctuate, it either lands on 1900 or it lands on 1100. It sometimes bogs down when it's at 1100 and you give it some throttle. Otherwise, it runs great (already put around 95-100 miles on it).

I've sprayed tons of carb cleaner on every hose, joint, boot and even around the airbox and it doesn't affect the idle. I've even run it with no air filter. It has new plugs, fuel filter, fuel, and air filter element.

I've pretty much given up and plan on saving up some money to take it into a shop unless anyone can suggest something I haven't already tried (at least one-to-four times).