View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #5
agentbad
ninjette.org sage

Name: bob

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250, 2006 SV650N

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Possibly you still have some amount of air in the system/caliper that your tore apart. Or... your rear rotor is pretty glazed over. A light sanding should take care of a glazing problem.

I don't think your standards are too high, sadly... it should all too easy to lock the rear.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Bleeding the back brakes is pretty easy since the pedal and caliper are so close. Try bleeding with the thumb method where before you open the bleed nut place your thumb over the hole then open the bleed valve. Put a little pressure on the pedal before you let your thumb off then bleed as normal using your thumb instead of a wrench to open and close the valve. I wrap the caliper with a shop towel to soak up the fluid and wear gloves.

Make sure the seal in the master cylinder didn't get bunched up when you replaced the lid. You sure the new line is on nice and tight with crush washers on there?

I use my back brakes quite a bit but I was considering switching to non-sintered pads because I've had experience locking up the back brake in bad situations like after it rains and its not fun.

agentbad is offline   Reply With Quote