View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2017, 04:26 PM   #1
KikRox
ninjette.org member

Name: Nein

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r se

I was a noob, my head too big.

Got my bike a few years ago. Aced the license, aced the saftey course was feeling great and confident. Alas a dream come true! There i was out for a blip, perhaps a bit fast for my skill level at that time. Came left around an over-pass at about 80kph (55mph), on the other side of the road there was a patch of crappy pavement marked by a cone.

The fellow coming the opposite way decided he wanted part of MY lane to move over for something that wasnt obstructing his path so when he moved over I decided to straiten the bike up to keep my head from being smashed off. I hit the shoulder and down she went on the left side...

In my infinite squid-li-ness I decided that day to wear an impact vest and a tee shirt. I skinned my elbow down to the bone and slammed my hip so hard it had a big purple bruise for two months. However I do beleive to this day that was a best case scenario for that location and the skill level I was at.

Now I'd just evade the car and go right back to the lean but in all honesty i was so new that i saw that car come and froze up and fixated on that dirt. "no no no" *splat* YUP. I learned one very valuable thing that day. If you're gonna ride, commit and dont let anything freak you out, and since then I have rode out some pretty amazing situations just by having the nerve to stay on it.

Hit a racoon and tank slapper 4 feet in the air at 110kph at night with only a high beam and rode it out in pure TERROR... Another time was blasting twisties at night at well over the limit and got the bike hopping side ways got bucked and rode it into the outside shoulder to a stop. a move so impressive to this day I cannot believe I made it. My buddy looked at me and went "Wow NICE save!" I am not glorifying my stupidity by any means... these were just all very very valuable lessons.