View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2022, 05:13 PM   #1
Lápiz
Lápiz250

Name: Gianni

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja EX250F

Cool New member with a scrapyard project

Okay, so at the moment I am completely disassembling my Ninja EX250F from 2007. When I bought the bike it was in pretty decent shape and the actual engine looked fine to me when I removed the top-end assembly.

But the transmission was "supposedly" broken. I was not able to take a look inside the transmission or check any of the gears since I had to remove it completely from the frame.
So I bought it and took it home and did just that.

Now it's in total pieces and I got to say I wish I had started it up (I don't have the ignition key) to see if it really was having a hard time shifting into 2nd and onward. However, the further I get into this disassembly the more I realize that it could actually be just fine.

I'm waiting on a flywheel removal tool before I can actually split the case and take a look, here are some pictures before and after.

*Note that I am just now learning how to actually work on motorcycles and im always trying to learn. So I was going to tear this thing apart anyway so if there are any sites y'all recommend that have parts I can use to refurbish this lmk. Or if you have experience working on these I could always use pointers.

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

edit: please send items I should buy to upgrade this thing after I get it running. Or parts I should replace considering it has 30,000 miles.

Last futzed with by Lápiz; July 14th, 2022 at 05:41 PM. Reason: More info
Lápiz is offline   Reply With Quote