View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2022, 08:03 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Alex.... yah I get the Fuel air ratios reversed in my head all the time
but I am keenly aware that the big number is the AIR ! lol....
I agree it is very hard to improve upon PREFECTION.... but it is not quite perfect yet.... I don't mind the bike idling lean... I just don't like the occasional
miss that that causes... that shouldn't be in there it should be perfect ! and it can be.... it's just that someone has to spend the time and effort to tweak it
to where that occasional miss doesn't exist anymore.
Manufacturers can't spend the time needed to tune each individual bike because each bike is an individual, it's not exactly the same as the others
a single hole missed in the baffle of the exhaust pipe during manufacturing
can cause a difference in it's running.
One of my Cables arrived today.. the USB one.... this one has a switch on it
and is for fords mainly but I think it should work regardless as it's just lines to the computer... the other cable is on a slow boat from China at the moment... it will be here next month !
Danno: I noticed a great deal of stuff under the Closed loop section,
and only a few under the Open loop section and it made me wonder if there was a block diagram of logic path for the ECU ... that could be quite helpful
do you know of any such thing ?
I can see that dealing with Delfi stuff may will cause me to loose more hair
as the information is even harder to find for those than the other ones !
... like trying to find a ECU for a VW van I had at one time most people didn't even know they had one ! but something went wrong and it got too lean and fried a cylinder.... it was running on 3 not 4 and the exhaust leak was horrible ! 4 cyl pancake engines from VW had a tendency to pull the studs out of the block that held on the head... that is what happened here.
after market studs got the head back on but then spark went away and I tried everything to find the problem.... never did, a friend of mine wanted the van real bad so I sold it to him !
Well, I've made small saddle bag carriers for the TT250.... just need paint!
... and I can put the boxes on... I switched from 1/8" to 3/16" thick 1 1/2" bar stock and it's much sturdier now!
Bob.......