View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2022, 12:52 PM   #1
Patrizio
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Looking for help

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a first bike a 2001 Ninja 250. It was running great for about a week until one day it was hard to start. I had to hold open the throttle to get it to start. Once started, when I let off the clutch to cruise in to first it would just stall out. Finally got it going for a day or two and the same thing would happen. One morning I walked in to the garage after smelling gas and noticed a puddle of gas under the bike. Looked in the air filter and the bottom was filled with gas. Looked in to the carbs past the air filter and the left side was filled with gas. Right side was fine.

Took it to a shop and they cleaned the carbs twice, replaced some parts where the float bowls are and it is still having a hard time starting, you have to hold the throttle open to get it to start. They diagnosed further and found a rip in the vacuum slide (part # 16126-1200). Does this sound like it could be the issue? I am wondering if there is still something wrong with the floats after doing some research. I know nothing about carbs or bikes as this is my first one. Thanks
Patrizio is offline   Reply With Quote