View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2022, 03:49 PM   #3
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
One of the most aggravating things is a pair of carbs that don't work right.

I've seen way to many threads on this subject that go on and on chasing problem after problems. Some with no luck, wasting time and money, and eventually give in and send them to @ducatiman to refurbish them. Note I didn't say cleaning, he does a complete refurbishment, better than new in fact, because the set-up is done right.

Carbs are far from simple, but some of the times it's a small easy fix issue. But given the ages that these bikes are getting now, it comes down to replacing parts, O-rings, and check all the settings.

I don't discourage learning, but I do encourage knowing when one is in too deep. You've already paid your hard earned money, and still it's not fixed, which sucks for sure and the last thing you want it to spend anymore. But you still want a working bike, and ride.

I've always said, spend money right, and wisely the first time, because you don't have the money to spent twice.

We are here to help you of course no matter what you choose to do

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.