View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:12 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, to add to my never ending saga of Modifying the fuel injected bike I have
Today I modified my ECU programming ....finally and it actually worked
the bike Idled way to fast for my liking and that has been an irritant sense day one.
but today I managed to lower the idle from 2000RPM idle to 1600RPM idle
and I am glad I didn't go any further than that as that is pirty darn slow for that machine....
I uploaded the entire software and calibrations which took about 2 minutes and then heard the fuel pump reset... then I immediately downloaded the entire ECU to double check that my Idle mod took effect, which it had...
I fired it up and at first it idled at 1800 RPM because it was cold then it slowly decreased to 1600 RPM and that was perfect !
so that was a big success ! it's been like 3 weeks for me to get to the point I could adjust the idle on my RX4 .... some how I just don't think this is progress ! LOL BUT I DID IT !!!!! and I am quite proud of myself , You can teach an old dog new tricks ! HAHAHAHA it just takes longer is all !
my next task is to change the 14.62 FAR to 13.62 .... WHY ? because I think 14.62 is just a tad too lean is all....
the bike has always acted very lean it idles rough and has a tendency to stager on acceleration not all the time but often enough to be noticeable
so in my brain I have decided that it's too lean of fuel OR too far advanced spark..... it could be either but I think it's fuel.... if I lower that fuel to air ratio that the engine sees and it still does the same thing I will work on backing off the advance for the spark..... it goes way past 40degrees some times which seems excessive to me, my Triumph only goes to 31deg. on full advance..... and I don't think the engines are soo different to warrant that kind of advance spark...... but I could be Wrong ! LOL
later all
Bob.....