View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2022, 12:44 AM   #14
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ahhh ! thank you Danno ! that is a bit of helpful information !
I had my bout with trying to fool a ECU when I was using browns gas in my toyota pickup.... it fought me every inch of the way ! and I was battling it to lean out the Fuel air ratio and it was a battle that I finally won..... but not entirely....I could not get it to stop richening it up over a month or so....
so every once in a while I would have to re set the ECU to go back to the standard settings and then do my best to lean it out again.....
I didn't have any ECU diagnostics at that time I attacked it on the physical level..... which I found out didn't work very well at all, I put a metal condom over the O2 sensor added a bypass to the mass air flow sensor and thought all was done ...but eventually it would change it on me regardless of those components ! it was very frustrating i did manage to get 45mpg most of the time with that truck so it was some what successful
So... if I am going to run into that type of a MESS again, I'll be smart and just stick to the acceleration function and power acceleration funtions....as I know how adamant the ECU can be !!!!!
I was hoping that changing the AFR base setting to say 13.62 instead of 14.62 i could do that and get away with it.... but if the O2 feedback is going to try and ramp it back up to 14.62 what is the point?
there are dozens of places that call for 14.62 AFR and even if I change each one I would never be sure I got them all where as in the Acceleration enrich function it would do that automatically when I change the throttle
I was trying to find what the TPS setting is for and couldn't find anything about it....
i think the Acceleration enrich is the way to go but it is so extremely SHORT i need to lengthen it's active time.... and I haven't figured out how to do that !
HAHAHAHHA
....thanks my friend !
Bob.....