View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Dropped bike off for valve adj. v. New valve stems?

I was out of the country for about a week, and decided to drop the bike off at a shop and have the valve check/adjustment while I was out. I just came back and called to see if I could pick it up but the receptionist said the mechanic (co-owner) working on it was out for the day and that he left a note saying he was on hold with my bike pending some order. All the receptionist said was that the note mentioned new valve stems.

I'm guessing these aren't tire valve stems, but head valve stems. Originally the check/adjustment was going to run me $250 with them throwing some extra checks and adjustments here and there. How much are new valve stems and where could I find them at a low price? I tried searching on google but all I came up with was complete heads for pregens on ebay.

The bike ran fine before I dropped it off, or so I thought, if getting new stems is much more than an additional $300 I think I'm going to have to just get the bike back and sit on it for a while.

Thanks for your input and God bless.