View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 09:14 AM   #24
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.boss77t View Post
How about $200 + shipping for the frame? It might take me a week or more to get the time to strip everything off it.

The 300 ignition is coil over plug type, the ignition components will not work on a 250 without extensive knowledge and cutting up the loom.

Sold! Take your time on stripping it but let me know when your close to ready. I will pm you for rest of details
I know that the Original Poster (the seller here) wants the ECU for himself, but if you had an EX300 ECU to connect to the 300 ignition system would work just fine on an older EX250 if you include the complete group of items that actually make up the bike's ignition system.

This would include not just the coil-on-plug sticks and the wiring harness, but also the Alternator Rotor off the engine's crankshaft (because it has the "24 minus 2" ignition pattern on it). As far as I know the EX300 rotor is the same size as the EX250's original rotor and will fit right onto the EX250 crankshaft and will work with the EX250 alternator windings.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote