View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2023, 06:34 PM   #6
ninjaguy3333
ninjette.org newbie

Name: derek

Motorcycle(s): 1

So I've messed around with the pilot jet screws without much to show for it. Left is about 2½ turns, right is about 2. Turning the screws in or out past these marks does not yield better results.

At this setting, it idles at steady 5k with the choke on and sounds pretty healthy. It can even idle with the choke off now, but only barely. Its a very rough idle of about 900 rpm. Opening the throttle, even just a little bit while idling causes the engine to die immediately with the choke on or off, its very odd.

As far as missing needles, I cant verify that (havent take out the carb again.. yet), but I was quite meticulous when putting it back together. I will say I was never able to find a good and clear enough diagram and thus wasnt completely confident on whether or not I plumbed it correctly in reinstallation. That is to say maybe some of the hoses are connected to the wrong end?

Anyway im pretty stumped right now. Going to take out the carb again tomorrow and see if I can find anything. If not itll be going to a shop (). If anyone has a good diagram or video for plumbing the carb, or any guesses on whats wrong id love to hear them and thanks for the replies
ninjaguy3333 is offline   Reply With Quote