View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2024, 12:29 AM   #7
Hogges
ninjette.org member

Name: Wolfgang

Motorcycle(s): R1200GS, DR200SE, Ninja EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACL 9000 View Post
Sorry I'm such a crap member. I go long periods of time between checking the forum, no reason why. I've owned the bike since 2013 and this place has always been invaluable.Ultimately, what I did was buy more blinkers, this time the rigid ones that originally came equipped on my model year, and that nightmare is over.

i have to repair the plastics and I want to change the paint scheme (to 1994 ZX7 purple/pink colorway), and I have a good flushmount idea for when I do that

Which is why I'm glad you introduced me to plastic welding. That will really help me stitch the body back together so it's correct before paint and decals go on.I am not. I'm genuinely ignorant of what is actually wrong with the thing. This recent post — https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=408161 — is likely describing the exact same phenomenon. So I guess I may buy a welder (been meaning to for a long time) and zip it back together the way he illustrated.

I still haven't figured out the blinkers, but the bike had a rough end to the season, last year, and dumped all its coolant out, and that combined with a lot of little problems I've noticed — some since 2013, I'm embarrassed to admit — set me on a path to partially overhauling the thing.

It has new tires as of last year, and in a couple weeks I'll have rebuilt the calipers and swapped to stainless lines, replaced a lot of rubber hoses all over the thing, installed a Thermo-Bob, upgraded the fork internals, and a small list of other things.

While I have it apart and I'm doing all the jobs I'll fix my grip heaters. They were the cheapest ones I could find a decade ago and they had a terrible resistor that fell off, and I basically don't recognize the wiring anymore, and I suspect that has something to do with the rapid blinking. Once I fix or completely remove all of that I'll report back whether it worked.

I love this little bike. I had CBR600RR that I sold and a FZ-07 I crashed, and I have a Z900RS now, but I still ride the Ninja more, and I don't think I'll ever give it up.
Great looking bike. I have two Ninja 300s but the 250s look way cooler as far as I am concerned. Good luck with the overhaul.
Hogges is offline   Reply With Quote