View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #27
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Came home after class today and my new used straight forks had arrived!!!

I slid the straight forks into my triple tree only to find out that mine was in fact bent. Yay!! Not. Can't see it well in this picture but the right ride was bent down some.

Luckily the forks I bought off ebay had a straight lower triple tree. Well it wasn't really luck. I kinda had a feeling that the lower triple was somewhat bent but was not sure. So I decided to find used forks that had the lower triple. I am glad I did!

So my project began. (Sorry no pics. My hands were too greasy to pick up my cell and take pics) I had to remove the old lower triple, which wasn't too hard. I was afraid that I was going to need to replace the bearings and what not but I didn't need to. I just re greased everything and put it all back together. So now I was ready to try to align the front end. I found this very tedious. Still kinda tweaking everything. It is not totally straight but it is close. I need to ride it around some and see if it rides straight. But it is raining and pretty cold outside so I will wait until it dries up.

Any advice on how to get it almost perfect? Or is it just trial and error?
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote