View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2015, 08:11 PM   #7
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
Thanks Nick, i know its a popular upgrade overseas so i was hoping someone would chime in. Thats exactly what i was looking for, i was to eek every pony out of this little bike so i very well may go with the ecotron FI system and this DNA filter. Now just need to figure out the exhaust.
Welcome Jay ! Ecotron is an excellent Fi system with very good reviews of customer support in the states...however much greater gains can be achieved with a stock pair of 300's TBs since they are quite larger and thus feeding more/better the engine especially in the high rpm range, without depriving any torque/throttle response in the low/mid range or extra fuel consumption and that is the greater advantage of the Fi over the simplicity in tuning carbs...
IMHO, once you see the gains from the 32mm TBs you will feel that spending that much on air pods was a waste of money when comparing gain/cost ratio...
Shawn (garth285) can guide you through this setup since he already has experience with it on his turbo project...