View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2021, 08:44 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I put mine on yesterday and today.... I got'em on there but I'm not thrilled
at all, the one on the right sticks out further than the one on the left and the one on the left doesn't look like it's out far enough....
I switched the slider with the spacer from the right side to the left side
and that helped quite a bit so the one on the left got the spacer on my bike...
However the bolts ( only 2 in the kit with Allen heads) only sticks out 1/4" on the right side so it does not go deep enough into the mounting bracket to make me happy at all.
I was sure to get the collars that go inside the sliders correct they won't fit right if their mixed up. the collar needs to be flush with the end of the slider
.... that being said the right one still sticks out a bit further than the left one
and the left one needs to be out about 1/2" to 1" more .... and sense the right slider is held on with only 1/4" of the bolt ...I am not real thrilled with the results.....
...... Plus I had to make a longer bolt because their funky 2 piece bolt system didn't fit in my bike at all... the part (f ) is the problem it would not fit in the slot of the bolt... so I made an 11 1/4" long bolt by welding 2 3/8" lag bolts together and used it, I double nutted one side and just nutted up the other side....
if you ever want to remove something again don't use RED lock tight on it... use the blue.... I had to remove something I had used Red lock tight on and the bolt sheared off !!!!! it works too darn good , ya just as well rivet it !
the blue will hold the bolt from coming loose again... but allow you to take it
back off. that is what it is designed for.... use the BLUE... Not RED, Red is for permanent instillation.
Quality of the Kit: the main brackets are 2 different thicknesses the one on the right is about 5/8" thick, the one on the left is just 1/2" thick why there is a difference I don't know.... the bolts would be fantastic if the one was 1/4" longer but it's not they do seem to be of good quality steel though
.... I didn't have to do any real cleanup to the kit but sending a kit with no instructions is stupidity beyond belief on the sellers part !
the sliders are essentially tubes with a shoulder cut inside for the aluminum spacer/collars to set on which should work very well .
Bob......