View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2021, 12:36 PM   #8441
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I just got back from a very enjoyable jaunt on the little Ninja !
the Bike was slow to warm up but finally did and it ran fantastically !
I was going to go up the mountain side again but decided against it, and instead just went to a small town called Gazelle just up the road about 15 miles from Weed, in Northern CA.
the road is good mostly straight with a few curves in it I had the bike up to 80mph at one point and it had alot more to go but the acceleration at that speed is quite slow
so passing trucks on the freeway will be a thing of already have your speed and you'll be fine ! ( I pass trucks as fast as I can , give those big guys room ! )
instead of trying to lean my body into each turn like I have been doing I simply rode it like I have always rode a bike ( make the bike lean) and I had a much more enjoyable time ! the Ninja is a very responsive bike ! if you hit a deer on one of these the silly thing jumped on ya ! because even at 70mph you can flik that bike real quickly to dodge something ( Unlike the Honda Shadow 1100cc I had , it was more akin to a freight train than a bike !)
I wore my Summer jacket today and I'm falling in love with that thing it's the best thing sense sliced bread !
I am still amazed at that bikes Get up and go ! I hooked it up and ran through the gears and had to start slowing down for the stop sign at 75mph ! that thing will go if you allow it ! ....
but I mostly just cruised today and took in the scenery, much of the time I kept the RPM around 9,000 because that seams to be where she likes to be ( and where I am most comfortable ! LOL)
so ! it goes to show ya that even an Old man can have fun on a Ninja !
....Bob.........