View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2016, 11:29 AM   #21
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacob View Post
Add me to the list of tympanic muscle flexing and the ear popping without intervention.

I'll add a freaky one to the list.

Sleep Paralysis

Basically your brain wakes up from sleeping but your body doesn't. You can't move, can't speak, can't open your eyes but you are fully aware of being awake and can hear normally.

It's happened to me probably a half dozen or so times in my life. The first two or three times it happened I had no idea what it was and scared the living daylights out of me.

I saw some show on Discovery/TLC/Nova that talked about it and since then it's a lot less frightening.
I've had that happen. I also continued to dream with my eyes open, so I saw a ton of spiders fall out a hole in my ceiling and crawl all over me. It's interesting how sleeping on your back tends to cause this more, and how when you get little itches before sleeping, that's just part of your nervous system going "hey, you asleep yet?" It's really cool to see how this stuff works.

Anyone here sleepwalk? I do it occasionally, but I rarely leave my room. I normally just get up and change clothes or something. It's weird when I go to bed buck nekkid and wake up wearing dockers and a button-up.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.