View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2022, 05:35 PM   #8453
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I went out to the shop and started the Ninja just to see if it was a fluke that the thing ran as good as it did...... nope it wasn't a fluke ! if anything it ran better today than it did yesterday !
it's hard to get used to it being so cold blooded though I am used to air cooled bikes and at about the time you better be shutting off an air cooled bike the water cooled bike is just getting close to operating temperature ! LOL
I bought some extra fairing bolts for the ninja as I am missing a few attachment things .... however at the present time I am not sure if I am going to pull the carbs off the thing as it is running fairly good....
although I do need to check the valve lash so I will probably still pull the fairings off and a bunch of other stuff just to get down to the engine
...I have a shim kit and some good digital calipers now so I have the stuff I need to do the shims.... although I have never done the shims on a ninja before and I am a bit nervous to say the least.
anyway, she made a full revolution before firing up but that is not bad at all
the RX4 fires before one revolution and the Triumph needs a couple revs before she's ready to start... so I guess that's about average.
Bob......