Thread: Chinese radical
View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2015, 06:26 AM   #11
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I dont know about this particular motorcycle but I just returned from the Philippines and the streets are full of broken Chinese motorcycles! China shipped millions of clone bikes all over Asia with a low selling point and good/competitive performance. The bike were great for a year or so of hard use then the motors began to wear out and smoke! I spoke with my brother-in-law and he said the Chinese did not properly apply the DLC coating (too thin/uneven coverage) and the motors wear out much sooner than the Japanese sources they coppied! They are cheap to repair/replace parts but who wants to rebuild their motor every 1.5 years (this comes from a guy with a Ducati that requires valve adjust every 6000 miles)? The front suspension on the new bike has been done multiple times before by Yamaha, BMW, Bimota and others. The front forks on a bike are more flexible than this system but the reason we still use them is because they provide the feedback necessary for racers at high levels of grip. Since this bike is only 20Hp(claimed---Ha Ha Screamer engine!) I dont believe this will be an issue for this street bike! Could be an affordable and fun daily/commuter bike if and only if they do their homework and get all the DLC sprayed on correctly. Better check what kind of warranty they offer!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote