View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #1
Ohio
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Just cleaned carbs - now stuttering at low RPM, fine at high RPM

Hey guys, so I had not winterized my 2008 Ninja 250 with 6700 miles and when I went to start it, go figure, it would only run with the choke all the way on. I figured the carbs had to be cleaned so I took them out and when I opened them up they looked brand new. I went ahead and took the jets out and soaked/sprayed them anyway and all the holes were clear. I put them back in and put my carbs back in and adjusted the idle screw and my bike started right up without the choke at about 1,500 RPM idle. So of course I was happy for a few minutes until I got on to take it for a ride.
When I gave it a small amount of throttle it basically went like this for 1st gear:
-At very first it got gas for about .5 seconds and then nothing
-If I kept on the throttle just a little bit about 1-2 seconds later it would get gas again but then stutter...gas-nothing-gas-nothing very fast.
-It would stutter until I shifted into second gear. Then in second gear it would stutter, but not as bad. It would get gas for the most part and only hesitate a few times mostly at low RPM's.
After I get it into third gear it is fine while accelerating, but when I am at a constant speed stutters somewhat.
When I am on the highway or constantly at high RPM's in 4th or 5th it is perfectly fine.

She idles just fine. Just constantly loose power/stutters at low RPM's...first gear is basically useless unless I twist the throttle a lot and basically sprint off the start into second gear.

One more point-before I took the carbs out and it was running with the choke all the way on the acceleration was completely fine, only after I took the carbs out and put them back in did I get this problem.

I feel like I was not careful enough to have every tiny thing adjusted how it was perfectly when I put the carbs and what not back together. Does anybody know what this problem is coming from? Jets? Bowls? Sync? (although I didn't mess w/ the sync screw ever). Thanks for your help!
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote