View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2014, 04:56 AM   #20
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
... I also just changed the oil on the bike.
Quote:
.... I also noticed that my oil gauge was empty, and it seemed like some of the liquid dripping was also oil. Interestingly enough however, when I put maybe 3 cups of oil in it the gauge half filled up with oil and seems to be staying there.
When you changed your oil, did you put in the correct amount?
When checking the oil level, is the bike level on both wheels and the oil level between the lower and upper mark on the sight glass?

Quote:
....the yellow/greenish hose I tried to focus on is where I believe it is coming from.
The hose attached to the airbox is to allow oil condensation and other fluid to drain from inside the airbox. Too much oil on the air filter can run off the filter and drain through this hose. too much oil in the crankcase can be forced into the airbox via the crankcase breather tube into the airbox, then that oil will eventually drain out of this tube. Gasoline that overflows out of the carbs will also drain through this tube.

Find out where a half a tank of gas went too. The first two things you need to check is your petcock and carb float valves. open up the airbox and inspect it and then check your crankcase for evidence of gas.

Last futzed with by DaBlue1; July 12th, 2014 at 07:17 AM.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote