View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2015, 01:50 PM   #1
zolck510
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

Sudden engine bog / throttle non-response

Hi,

I started my bike ('08 250R, 14000 miles) this morning and was going to run some errands. After about 2 miles, I came to a stop light. I stopped and put it in neutral while I waited for the light to change. The light turned green, I kicked it into first gear, then took off. I immediately noticed that the engine didn't sound right. It was much more of a dull sound, and it sounded like it was bogging down. It was also outputting considerably less power. I fully opened the throttle but instead of jumping, the tach slowly climbed up. I pulled over. As soon as I came to a stop, it stalled.

It started back up again no problem (in neutral) but the idle rev was much lower, about 500 rpm (I set it to 1500). Kicking into first from here would stall it. I had to rev it up some before putting into first, and if I waited a little it would stall again. I got moving because I had to go home, and noticed that taking off from first gear was also harder. It just didn't have the power.

Any idea what might have happened? It seriously was totally ok one moment, and started pulling this stunt about 5 seconds later.
zolck510 is offline   Reply With Quote