View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2014, 04:06 AM   #32
Major_Paine
ninjette.org member

Name: Ernie

Motorcycle(s): 2004 ninja 250 (in progress), 2009 cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
yea, the fact that it's reasonable means that I can rebuild my 250 for track use though the first step is still engine work which I still know entirely too little about though I have been learning bit by bit over the last few months tinkering with it (bottom end rebuild)

Getting suspension, front end, newgen rear end would be pretty easy and cheap with some stops to the right junkyards. Not to mention that after rebuilding an engine everything else would become incredibly easy.

I don't see myself doing any track days until june/july unless I get lucky so that leaves 5 months or so to get the bike prepped since I don't want to risk my 300 on a track where insurance doesn't cover me and I'd still have a year of payments on it if I were to crash. If I crash my 250 then oh well just rebuild it again.
This has to be ready by March 29 for streets of willow. doing two days back to back.

Id also stick to craigslist because its the cheapest option. salvage yards and shops tend to be pricier, unless you know someone who works there ;D

and what insurance do you have? my friends got their bikes completely covered because it wasnt a timed event or a race. and they werent paid off either
Major_Paine is offline   Reply With Quote