View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #31
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip3rV333 View Post
No need to be a smartass... but Ill play. Gear you say? Why yes it for sissys. I wear a helmet and padded jacket at all times. No exceptions. So count me in. If your gonna come back and tell me to start wearing riding boots and padded pants to school and everywhere I go then too bad. Not getting that stuff unless I have a track day.
Eh, riding boots isnt that big a deal. I ride with boots to school and it doesnt bother me. Granted they arent full track boots though. Just some very low key sport touring boots. Comfy and approximately the same price as a new pair of sneakers, which i needed at the time anyways. As for pants, I just got some shift torque riding jeans for abrasion. It's understandable to stop at the jacket, helmet and hopefully gloves but I dont see why you'd be so against the boots and pants. I'm not saying go all out with leather pants and everything but thicker jeans, or kevlar lined jeans, and some riding shoes couldnt hurt and doesnt look over the top. My bro has those shift fuel riding shoes and I kinda like it. He has the white ones and they look and feel like sneakers.

Advice is just that, Advice. On that same note, thanks for the advice on the android app. will check it out. Just about to wire in a USB plug to power my gps, maybe i can splice in a microUSB plug for the phone as well.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote