View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2015, 11:11 AM   #105
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Good link. :thumbup: I wondered what he did to keep the gas from going bad, and he says he keeps less than a gallon in there at all times. Would you know what material the gas tank is in a volt? (I have no idea in my own car, it's easier to tell on a motorcycle when it's sitting right in front of you). I know that it's generally recommended to not leave a metal tank mostly empty for long periods to delay any rusting, but don't know if that's a 1 or 2 year worry, or a 5 - 10 year worry.
I'm not sure about the material, but the Volt's tank is sealed and pressurized to help preserve the gas, so I'm sure that helps avoid problems like rust too.

I don't know if the fact that PLUG1N only keeps a tiny amount of gas in the car bypasses the feature, but the computer will actually run the ICE some if it detects that it's been too long on the same tank. The manual recommends using the tank up within a year of filling it. My personal record is 73 days between fillups. The current tank is at 62 days. http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/...isiBill/318496

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.