View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:18 PM   #5
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '11 CBR250R, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I'm a subscriber to the 7-year-from-manufacture or 5-year-from-first-use helmet life guideline, and this spring my trusty Schuberth street helmet came due for replacement. Just scored a Shoei RF-1200 from Riders Discount for a killer price. Also got a Transitions shield to go with it, because as a commuter who often works until after dark, I know that carrying two shields sucks.

Got to use this lid for the first time this morning. Wow... the Transitions shield ROCKS!!!! I was unsure about how dark it would actually get, and about the slight purplish hue. It gets easily as dark as the Shoei dark smoke, and your eyes adjust to the color with no problem. Things look just a tiny bit warmer than they would otherwise be, but that's about it.

Absolutely worth the money. If you can get a helmet that will take one, go for it. AFAIK the only brands that do right now are Bell and Shoei.
Nice score! Glad you got a deal.

Do the inserts distort/magnify the field of vision? There were some transition visors at the dealership I worked at, and every one of them made me feel like I was wearing someone else's glasses, and when put on for any length of time, gave me a headache. How does yours hold up in this regard?
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote