bob138
ninjette.org member

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 1991 EX500 , 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by aworkshop250 View Post
250rStar:

oh..ok. hehe i get it.

well maneuvering and handling has been great especially if you want to lean corners. well i was aiming towards a more of a sport bike feeling then the stock sport touring of a Ninja 250.
the riding position has changed a bit, so the handling has changed slightly as well, i dont know how to explain it, but since the front forks are lower and i tend to maneuver more with my body leaning left n right according to where i need go.
hope it explains a bit..sorry if it gets you confused...
Shorter forks steepened the rake which helps to compensate for the rear tire's turn in.

That rear could potentially be close to the weight of the stock, considering a lower profile tire and a supersport rim, which could be lighter than stock.

All in all. There is potential for equal handling, not exactly the same, but just as good with different quirks.

As for the importing parts, I post a lot on customfighters.com so I've bumped into some of the streetfighter crowd from overseas. I've seen some of the work they do with the same type of stuff. All in all, amazing. You guys must have been real happy that they redesigned the ninja 250s. Much better bike to start with for you guys I assume

Bob
bob138 is offline   Reply With Quote