View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #94
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Oh hey, my 300 actually looks like a bike now. I probably could ride it in it's current state (once I put in some brake fluid anyway...)

Finished dealing with all the control stuff. I didn't bother to drill holes in the bars and opted to grind off the nub inside the throttle housing instead. Still need to readjust the clip-ons yet again because I can't seem to make them even. Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen in light smoke

Putting together the tail end was fun. Since I kinda ****ed up the rear rather badly, stuff wasn't quite lining up well. Granted I'm still using the same damaged undertail so that could be part of the problem. In any case, while there are obvious gaps and it's uneven, I did managed to get everything bolted on without major fairing bending so I guess that's really all I can hope for considering the sorry state it was in.

Sadly my paint job doesn't quite match up. You can tell the right tail piece (rider POV) is the one I painted. I can't be bothered to deal with that **** anymore though so w/e. I haven't finished a final polish on everything I painted. I'll go deal with it later since I can just do that when the fairings are on the bike.

I didn't realize I hadn't tightened the header bolts until I turned on the bike and it seemed oddly loud from the wrong area, especially since I had put the muffler back on. I really want to change out the stock exhaust now because the heat shield and rearsets don't mix well. I put everything on, but the heat shield actually blocks part of the rearset. No money for a nice exhaust right now though so I'll have to save that mod for later.

Tested the turn signals. Right one is out. Not surprising since the bike went down on that side, although still a bit strange considering how the turn signal only has minor marks on it. The left turn signal just turns on and doesn't blink. I'm guessing I ****ed up reconnecting the lights then?
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote