View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #11
DerTeufel
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2009 KTM 690 SMC, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (track bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthector View Post
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself, name's Hector and I'm from deep south Texas.

I'm definitely looking to start riding sometime next year when I get back from Army basic training and based on some reading I've decided on getting a 250. Just wanted to say that this is a hell of a forum and despite not even having a bike I've found a lot of the information and resources to be very helpful.

And while we're here I was wondering if you all could comment on some of the gear I'm looking to get:

Helmet: Scorpion Exo-400

Great helmet, good choice.

Chest: Alpinestars Bionic 2

Please buy a real jacket..this is intended to go underneath leathers or an MX jersey. You want abrasion resistance to go along with impact absorption, this only offers impact protection.

Pants: Firstgear TPG Escape Pants

Boots: Icon Field Armor Boots

Quite clunky, but they will work

Gloves: Cortech Scarab R.R.

Only concern I have with the gear is how to balance protection with how hot it gets down here. The summer is just ridiculous, as I'm sure most of you that live near the lower latitudes know, so far it has been in the high 90s and low 100s since the end of May. The other seasons aren't much better. In any case, most of my rides would be around 20 minutes tops in not so heavy traffic split almost evenly during early afternoon and evening/night riding.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might give.
DerTeufel is offline   Reply With Quote