View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2021, 11:33 AM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Hummm...I might try that that could conceivably work !!!!!
I don't have 2 ,1/4" socket swivels.... but I don't mind buying tools ...any excuse to buy tools !!!!! a long extension and come in under the exhaust pipe on the right side ....just might get the job done !
thanks very much I appreciate that info !
..... still gott'a take the fairing off though ! Aurgh !
.....EDIT: Under the exhaust pipe ? what was I thinking ... wrong bike even ! anyway... I took the right side fairing off again to replace the rt.front turn signal and decided to give the rt. carb's air screw a bit more turn...
with a long needle nose plyers I fumbled around and got the 1/4" screw driver bit with nut crushed onto it into the slot and turned it about a quarter turn.... again... then put the fairing back on...
that center bolt on the bottom faught me for over an hour but I finally got it attached and all cinched down again
.... I fired up the bike ( being cold I used the choke) it fired right up and started gaining RPM as usual so I turned off the choke and listened to it idle .... NOW it sounds right !... both cylinders have the same POOF as it's ideling when cold... I am sure it will run much better now on take off and all when it's warm...
it was a bit hesitant to take throttle as it was extremely cold still, but it was much better than it was.
it's strange that the right cylinder needs to have the idle/air screw out a bit more.... but I noticed in the manual they say to put it 1/4 turn more than the left one....
and I am trying to figure out WHY that is ? perhaps because of the length of the header pipes that go into one pipe ? they must be slightly different in length eh ? that would account for it I think... the only other reason I can come up with is the ignition and that should be rock solid to both sparkplugs at idle .... I bet it's the header pipes not being the same length ! anyone else got a idea on that ?
Bob....

Last futzed with by Bob KellyIII; August 27th, 2021 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Additional information
Bob KellyIII is offline   Reply With Quote