View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2021, 08:04 AM   #13
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
From my post on the 500 forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill
I used a Dremel to get the plugs off the pilot screws on my bike. When I then wanted to adjust the pilot screws, the closest item at hand was the collet wrench for the Dremel, which has a flat screwdriver on the other end for screwing down sanding disks. It turns out it works very well for adjusting the pilot screws.

The end is tapered down, so it fits nicely into the hole, but it's still large enough to make use of most of the screw's slot (unlike a tiny jeweler's screwdriver) which makes it easier to turn. Being flat, it makes it pretty hard to mess up counting turns compared to a symmetric round screwdriver handle. And the whole thing fits easily under the carbs (which can't be said about a number of tools).

You want Dremel 90962 Collet Wrench. This is one of those things that will cost more for shipping than the item itself. The best deal I found was a guy on eBay who had bought a bunch (apparently he kept losing them) and decided to sell off the extras a few at a time for other people who always lose them. Obviously, you may already have one of these on hand if you own a Dremel.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote