View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:45 AM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I do NOT.... I have 248mm long,80mm wide,50mm travel for the stock spring
and that is not enough....
the stock spring's I.D is 2".... I measured that.
length near 10", i measured that...
tried to make it flex and it was like pushing on concrete....obviously.
so I need a spring that is 2" or a tiny bit over that in Inner diameter.
it needs to be 9"~10" long over all (most are 9.7" ...they will work for length)
and it's rate around 510~520 lbs.
some guy said his stock spring right near 650lbs
another guy bought a high tech shock system for his RX4 and he had to buy the spring elsewhere because they didn't have one in stock... he got a 511lb spring
and has ridden it all over the place back east and loves it he does say that it is a bit too soft though.... so I am thinking a 520lb spring would be perfect for me
.... been doing alot of looking at race tech's web site and I think I found a few springs that will work the springs cost about $50.00 more than elsewhere but at least they say they have them in stock.... for $150.00
problem is I emailed Race tech and they haven't gotten back to me yet
I guess they expect you to call !
I tried a second time to get into the same place where I found an inventory list of springs on Race tech's site but could not find out how I got in there the first time.... their site works off of your bikes make and model and they don't have a CSC RX4 listed (big surprise)
..... I keep forgetting I am looking for a 500 to 550lb spring not a 450 to 475lb spring and the one I found on their site was a 485lb.... A bit too weak
you can't really buy anything off their site either because of the way they have it set up.... it takes the year make and model to make it all work right...
I put in a KLR 650 and had no trouble getting to the buy stage but without that you can't get there..... and I don't really feel safe ordering something for a KLR 650 for my RX4 if you know what I mean .... they just give you a part number of their recommended part for that bike.... and I have no idea what fits a KLR !!!!!! .... but it's the only way to get into their goofy setup !
so calling is the only way it is going to work for me I am afraid.
why they don't have search our inventory for rear springs I don't know
....well they do but only after you put in the make and model ! LOL
...you can't get to their inventory any other way, I don't think...
this is not the first time I have ran into this put in the make and model and we'll fix you up BS.... it's about the 3rd time and NONE of them have a CSC RX4 in their list to choose from and you cannot add any other one.
it's very frustrating !
maybe I'll just put the stock spring on the lathe and take a carbide cutter to it and trim it down 1/8" from top to bottom ! LOL

Bob....