View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2022, 02:23 PM   #22
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok here is what I did I loosened the nuts on the lower end took the nuts off and put blue locktight on each one and put them back on close but I can still move the washer with my fingers ...this is so I know that the pivots will indeed pivot... I bounced on the seat again and it might have flexed but it is still rock hard I will take it for a short ride and see if it handled the bumps on Hoy road better than it has been I doubt it but it is worth a try.... if the results from that ride are negitive I will get a lighter spring AGAIN ! I bet you I have to get a 450lb spring before I can feel flex in that thing
.... if Ghost is right and it comes stock with a 500lb spring then I just wasted close to $200 bucks for the spring.... ( shipping and handling all added up to $197.00) .....
....if on the other hand it rides alot better and it doesn't beat me to death
I will be looking into why the pivot points down below are not flexing when their tight.... I suspect the bushings are all indersize on their thickness ! and when you tighten then down it locks the joint !
if so I'll be making a bunch of shims or new bushings on the lathe !
but I really expect it to beat me to death like always and if that's the case the spring is too strong.... I'll get another spring from Race tech the same as this last one but with a 450lb rate and try it again and hope that works !
....maybe I should go for a 400lb one as it's really hard to make that bike compress in the rear... the front is fine.... rear is hard as a rock !
..... reminds me about the time I took the shocks off my 90cc Honda and put 2 pieces of water pipe with holes drilled in them for the shock studs..... they stayed on the bike 2 days.... talk about a hard ride ! funny thing is I can't remember Why I did that..... silly but I did do it ! .... I had to drill the holes with a hand drill .... no power at the Ranch at that time...that was a job ....
a rat tail file made them fit though ... LOL....
.....it's raining here again...
we need the rain so I'm not going to complain....but we did have a good day the other day it was in the 70's ...didn't last though !( I mowed the lawn !)
...HAHAHA
Bob........