Thread: Holy s word
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM   #12
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I owned that exact same bike way back when, picked up one of the first ones available in late 2004. Great brakes, great motor, fantastic steering. Definitely a fun bike, but really came into its own on track. On the street it was always a bit of a tease, as it's just not set up for going slow. At lower revs and lower speeds, the engine doesn't feel particularly happy, and the suspension isn't particularly compliant. Was looking at the pics on the off-chance it was my actual bike (sold to a dealer in Oakland when I picked up the 10R), but if there aren't holes in the fairings for the vortex framesliders, it's not mine.

I think that the R6 would have somewhat more $ value than the ninjette, but it is right now a 7 year old bike that is typically treated in a way that doesn't encourage long life. Check for transmission problems, even that range still had issues with a weak second gear on some units.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote