Thread: ZX-25R
View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2019, 12:35 PM   #5
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

I'll belive it when i see it. for the US market, a high revving engine is VERY hard to meet emission standards...

the way the engines are making more power these days, personally i am looking forwards to the future two cylinders, the difference in performance on my 250 vs 400 is night and day, more powerful, more responsive to throttle input than my 250 ever was. i know its larger displacement, and that has a lot to do with the difference. but its still a higher performing engine.

modern engines are powerhouses.
the only reason ford went from the same ole 4.6 v8 in their GT mustangs to the 5.0 was chevy's v6 base model camaro was almost catching the GT in a 1/4 mile. you cant have your flagship ponycar even ALMOST getting caught from the competitions v6. today's v6 makes more power than 95% of the engines in the "horsepower days" of the mid 60's through early 70's, with half the displacement.
now you have camaro's and mustangs making almost as much or more as the corvette, which is why i think they are making such a radical change to mid-engine. got to do something to keep the iconic sportscar above the rest of the pack.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.