View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2020, 11:59 AM   #8
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Ouchie I hope he's ok. The curbs there are harsh the way they are ridged. I just kinda stay 2 feet to the inside if possible because when I get a knee down they rip off my puck. (best case - worst case they throw my knee back and toss me off my bike. Both have happened.)

Did he have to call for an ambulance or get to the hospital on his own? Just curious how everything went down. The only injury I ever had there was a sprained thumb when I didn't make a fist on a mild high side.
We don't know the extend of the injury yet. He has been trying to get into the local hospital without any luck. I can't believe they can't get him in. He had X-Rays at the small hospital near the track, and no broken bones, but they couldn't do a scan because of the plate in that leg. They didn't tell him much.

He will keep more distance off the curbs next time out - which won't be this season.

No ambulance at the track. He was there with his girlfriend (on her RM80 Sumo) and she drove him to the hospital laying in the back of his Ranger pickup, as he couldn't bend his leg/hip enough to get into the tiny cab. Not a fun ride I'm sure.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote