View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2020, 05:18 AM   #8
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
The side cases gets horribly beat up. You’ll want to install some case-guards. Most of ones on market are lightweight fibre and are really only good for one crash. But at least it’ll save your engine cases.

[/url]
'Bonamici' makes (or used to make) aluminum case savers, but they were $300 the pair. There used to be on eBay some years ago when I got my case savers.

I got the R&G ones, made out of some kind of plastic I guess for $125 the pair on Revzilla. I didn't dropped the bike, so I can't tell about resistance.
The fitting was good for the clutch, not so good for the stator. I had to remove the stator cover once and saw that the cover had put some scratches on the cover, so if you're worried about the look of your covers I wouldn't recommend those.
If you're worried about the look, maybe you can get a pair of take off OEM covers, swap them, and put yours away until you sell the bike. The same you did with your fairings.

Case savers would be good for the track and your fellow riders to avoid an oil spill in case you have a slide so bad that it would otherwise make a hole in the case.
However, if your track is a kart track, would you find a sweeper so long and fast that a slide there would put a hole on the case?
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote