View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2018, 04:03 PM   #145
simo26246
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Not sure there's more detailed one for Ninja 250R. Basis of most effective HID retrofits is to re-use original reflector as bridge that holds HID lamps to outer lamp-housing. This is preferable to HID lamps that just sit in original bulb-socket, resulting in large cantilever moment and lots of waggling and waving lights, which eventually breaks bulb-socket.

Simplest to separate HID light and line up its reflector with original reflector and draw an outline with Sharpie. Cut that with Dremel inside line to make hole too small and gradually expand it to it grips HID light firmly and balanced fore and aft. Then epoxy it to original reflector for firm attachment. The shrouds may need some trimming to to fit all way down original reflector.

Obviously, this is lots of custom work since this light configuration never left factory production-line of any sort. So you're not going to be able to find finished product that's plug-n-play unless you buy someone else's custom work. In which case, be careful and inspect everything extremely closely, especially aim of light.
Thanks for that. Yea, that's the conclusion that I'd pretty well come to. I've ordered a new headlight so that if (or, more likely when) I fu** it up, I don't mess up my only headlight.
simo26246 is offline   Reply With Quote