View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #131
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

You were right, Chris. The missing wire from the green kit was from the demon eye and the remaining two were for the angel eye and the solenoid. I thought I did a test fit and determined that the remaining two could only connect to the igniter, but I was wrong.

This also explains my missing inverters. The yellow kit had two because the extra demon eyes need another. The auction listing packing list says "2x CCFL Angel Eye with inverter," which can be interpreted as either one or two inverters (in context one would assume/expect two). Because I didn't ask for or pay for the demon eyes, they probably expect me to leave them disconnected and use the inverter on the other kit's angel eyes.

I noticed something new to complain about though: the screw hole for securing a tiny bracket holding the bulb is too close to the threads used for actually mounting the projector so you can see a hollow shaft under the threads! The other projectors aren't like that.

Of course, I am still missing two wiring harnesses. One would assume that they'd make ONE harness with ONE fuse and ONE relay with ONE connection to the battery, but the description says otherwise and the harness definitely only connects to one projector/ballast.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 10th, 2014 at 10:21 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote