View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:19 PM   #1690
Kasatka
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250

Did another test ride. The bike wouldn't start at all, until I switched it to rich mode. Then it started after 8 or 9 seconds of cranking. I tried putting the laptop in a backpack to record procal data, but the serial to usb connector ecotrons sent seems to be bad quality, and anytime it was jiggled procal lost the connection.

The bike stayed running in rich mode, but only barely. It runs until I get to about 6000 rpms in second gear, and then it starts bogging down like crazy. The only difference is, this time, while in rich mode, when I pulled in the clutch and feathered the gas it recovered and didn't stall out, although it ran like ****. Before I reset the computer, whether in eco or rich mode, when I got to 6000 in second, it would bog down and stall out, and then when restarted, bog and sputter on idle, and die if I gave it any throttle whatsoever. Now I can get it to recover if I clutch in and feather the gas. If I try going over 6000 in second again, it will bog down again.

Is this the right thread to be asking for troubleshooting help, or is there a better one?
Kasatka is offline   Reply With Quote