View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2015, 09:14 AM   #1692
Kasatka
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250

Updates on my kit problem: I fiddled with the idle air screws and procal. At 3.5 turns out, it seemed like I'd fixed the problem; when I test drove it around the block for 20 minutes it didn't bog down at all. Then I took it for a freeway test drive and it bogged down about 2 miles in. I pulled over, let it cool down, tried again, bogged down after a mile. Tried again, but kept it below 5500 rpms. The low rpms also kept the engine speed almost at cold. This time it stayed running for 5 more freeway miles, and didn't bog down til I pulled off the freeway and sat at a couple lights.

It seems like hotter engine temps are contributing to it bogging down. But it takes longer to do this since I opened the air screws up.

Does anyone know how many turns out the air screws are 'supposed' to have?

Also, any ideas on why hotter engine temps are causing this? I would think the fuel is vaporizing before the pump, but my lines are opaque black and I can't see it. If I took pics, could someone tell me if my setup is running too close to the engine block/transmission housing?

Would wrapping my lines with heat shield tape do any good, or would it be worthless?
Kasatka is offline   Reply With Quote