View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:04 PM   #1698
DmbShn41
Wannabe Reborn

Name: Unregistered

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidlogic View Post
Okay, considering the Ecotron kit. I'm getting a lot of mixed signals from the tech threads, so...

...the Ecotron website has a link to 2012 posts (on this thread, amusingly) about how nifty the kit is and how much everybody likes it. They also make a huge deal about how the Gen. 2 parts are a huge upgrade. From the age of the link I suspect the Gen. 2 "upgrade" isn't a whole lot more recent than that.

So here's the point: would people generally recommend it, based on reliability and ease of use? Or is this one of those novelty mods that turns out to be more trouble than it's worth? I really like my '12, but I miss the smoothness of FI. However, I don't want to spend a week installing a lemon.

Thoughts?
Consider a 300. This kit has its ups and downs. I've been back and forth on buying it, but after following this thread for years, it just doesn't seem like its ready for prime time. More of a tuner, racer, drag type of item than a street item. If you're locked to the 250, consider the 250 or 300 FI setup on your 250. For $700, you could be better off. Some have done that switch with what seems like a better track record than this. Unless you're extremely well versed with this type of stuff...