View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2015, 02:53 PM   #1704
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidlogic View Post
Ugh. I figured that was the case, but hoped...

...Crap.

There's a dude on this forum who did it with a 300 FI system. I guess I can hit him up.
don't know if you mean me by any chance (probably you have EMSRacer07 in mind, who has successfully transplanted a whole 300 engine on a pregen)
but I can tell you what you need to get it done...

If you go for the 250's 28mm TBs (including TPS and injectors) you will also need:
1)a fuel pump (either external or some modding necessary to fit a stock one in your tank)
2) a EU-version ecu and harness (any year will do but best are '08-'09)
3) some sensors (such as Intake Air Temp sensor Intake Pressure Sensor, Speed sensor etc) some times put along with harness if asked from certain sellers...

For some more significant performance improvement I would strongly suggest the 300's 32mm TBs (also including their TPS and injectors which are different from 250's not only in fuel delivery capacity* but also in size) along with either the 300's stock fuel pump or an aftermarket one, preferably a good and tested wallbro
For the ecu I would suggest the 250's again because of the higher rev limiter (250-500rpm more compared to 300's) and probably lower cost, the harness and sensors as mentioned above BUT ALSO
1) The head boots (different than 250's both in size and chamfering degree)
2) The air hornets, for the same reason as the head boots... I guess it is easy to figure why since the 32mm TBs are quite larger in outside diameter on both sides compared to the 250's

* 300's injectors provide less cc of fuel/min because the 300's fuel pump is that of a big bike as preesure and supply figures indicate while 250's injectors are larger -stock part of previous gen ZX-6- but the 250's fuel pump is...well let's just say...inadequate for other applications... so it would be best to couple 250 parts together or 300 parts on the fuel delivery lineup and not mix them up...