View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2015, 10:06 AM   #1706
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob View Post
1) Can anyone tell me if learning mode modifies your base table and saves it or if it has it's own table of changes that it applies to your base table?

The way I understand it, after initial install with a base map that gives stable running, you run in eco mode for a week with O2 sensors fitted and it learns and modifies the base map for best 14.7 AFR. You can then fetch from ECU and save that modified cal file in case you want to go back to it later.
You can then run in rich mode which adds an enriching factor to your (now modified) base map.

Some bikes/riders like/need to run a bit rich and eco mode will always try and learn it's way back to 14.7 so you have to run in rich mode or unplug your sensors to overcome that.
That's the way I see it but I may well be wrong, can anyone confirm this?

2) can the system learn with only one O2 sensor? would using 2 sensors not need 2 tables (one per sensor/cylinder)?
As an EFI virgin I'm trying to get my head round this ecu. It's a great way to learn about this EFI stuff. :-)
I am sorry Bob, but what are you referring to ? this thread is about installing throttle bodies with injectors on american version carbed 250s...

If your question is about programming some piggyback device (PC V, Bazaaz etc) try creating a new post providing as many details as possible concerning your bike, its upgrades -if any- and the system you are using, so that members with relevant experience get a chance to help you out...
If you are referring to the ecotrons kit programming, I do not have experience with it and probably that is why I am cofused about your question...